Sunday, November 5, 2023

Jupiter at Opposition and Saturn

 



Jupiter reach opposition on November 3 and it was a reasonably clear Friday night so I packed up my gear and headed out to my dark sky location to catch the Jovian Giant in all its glory.  The seeing conditions weren't great, so I didn't get as much detail as I was hoping for, but did pick up Europa just before it started transiting across the disk and the Great Red Spot was well positioned for the image.  I also was able to make out the Cassini Division (gap in rings) on Saturn.  Overall, a reasonably productive night.

Photo Details

November 3, 2023
Celestron 7" Mak-Cas
ZWO ASI178MM 
SharpCap - 8 Bit Mono through RGB filters
Image Stacking in AutoStakkert
Adjustments in Registax 6
Final Adjustments in Photoshop

No comments:

Post a Comment