Saturday, June 10, 2023

Lots 'o Galaxies

 



We had a rare clear night for this time of year last evening and it may be a while before I'm able to venture to my dark sky location again.  I decided to try and make the most of it and capture as many galaxies as I could in one shot.  By my count, I got at least 9.  These are near Virgo and range in distance from about 30 million light years to 65 million light years from us on Earth.  That time scale puts them around the time the dinosaurs went extinct to a bit more recently.  I've imaged some of these independently before, but this is a pretty good collection.

Photo Details
June 9, 2023
AstroTech 65Q on CGEM II Mount
SBIG STF-8300C Camera
Skyglow filter
30 subframes at 5 minutes/frame
Total Exposure Time = 2 hours 30 minutes
Image Acquisition in CCDOps
Image Stacking in Deep Sky Tracker
Image Processing in PhotoShop

No comments:

Post a Comment